Sunday, September 30, 2007

I can't wait until I'm Eight



I can't believe this day has come and gone! What happened to the last 8 years? We were so proud of Morgan and her choice to be baptized. The day was full of surprises starting in the morning when we woke up to gently falling SNOWFLAKES outside our window! Yes, only in Idaho, however I thought perfect for the occasion! Not expecting the sudden turn in the weather, it took us a while to locate coats for everyone...finally making it to the church just in time for the 9 AM baptism! It was so great to have all of our family there...my brothers came all the way from Utah with their cute kids! We love you guys! Morgan looked beautiful in her white dress, I could'nt help but marvel at how innocent and pure these young kids are. Layton and Allie were so excited all week and were thrilled when they were invited to kneel right next to the font for an unobstructed view. It was a very emotional time and I found myself wishing I had used my waterproof mascara! Then, to prove what a rookie I am, I forgot to bring a towel for Morgan to dry off with, so we had to use her coat! I made a mental note to make sure to think ahead next time! It was a very special day. I am so proud of Morgan and so thankful to be her mom!

Here is our family gathered after the baptism for a quick picture before everyone showed up for the post-game party! As you can see, Allie is entering the "cheese" phase!


7 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

How fun! Congrats Morgan. Forgetting a towel is exactlly what I would do! I love that you used her coat.

Angie said...

Jamie! Do you have a blog for your family? I've been trying to locate you but can't so far! Let me know! Angie

Wendi said...

Morgan looks so pretty. I love her dress. Isabel gets baptized this month! It's such a milestone. It makes me teary everytime I think about it. What a special time for families. Your family picture is so cute.

Jenni said...

Ang-what a great day for you guys! Morgan looked beautiful and I must say, I am diggin' your hair too! The coat/towel was classic...good memory!

Travis and Jamie said...

I am so glad that you found us!! I have been wondering how ya'll were doing, and asked Jenni every now and again. So cute that Layton still has the picture. Trenton does too, and just asked a couple of weeks ago if Layton was still his friend. I wish we could have lived by each other longer. The boys were such cute friends, and we just loved your family.

Julie said...

Congratulations Morgan! What a memorable day (in more ways than one!). I love the family pic!

Chrissy, said...

Hope you don't mind I comment. I came over from Dancin queens. I have twins turning eight in Nov. I'm so glad your day was so special your little girl is beautiful. I alway cry at baptsims I can't imagine what I'll do at my own girls!