Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Super Mega Summer Post part deux

Summer's over already? Yup, it's officially the start of the new school year. And boy did we go out with a bang! Here's a tribute to the last month of our summer....

The kids loved taking swimming lessons at Heise Hot Springs, but their favorite was swimming with their dad after lessons were over.

The Mikesell Family Reunion was the first weekend in August. After a picnic in the park and a family softball game, we went to the Riot Zone in Rigby and had a blast on the climbing wall, the bumper boats, and the go-carts.





The second weekend in August was filled with another reunion...we met up with the Burtons for a fun-filled day at Lagoon! Believe it or not, my kids had never been there so it was a total blast for them. The kids played like they had never been apart! It was so fun to see them together again.


















Brenda up to her old tricks! Whatcha seein' in there Bren?






We also ran into a few other friends from Louisville completely by chance... Mike and Stephanie Cook and Alan and Jennie Davies were there as well! What a fun surprise! It was great to catch up with everyone.





The next morning, Quinn and I woke up at 3:30 AM and traveled to Provo to meet Brian and Brenda where we ran the Provo half marathon. It was our first and the Burton's second. Brenda's sister Amber and her husband also ran with us...I mean, ahead of us! I'm proud to admit that I brought up the rear! It was a fun race and even though we were stinky at the end, (some of us VERY stinky!) it was great to be together. Thanks Burtons!


Now fast forward a few days to reunion #3... The Herbst Family at Bear Lake.
The following are pictures from an awesome trip with my family.


Kate was thoroughly entertained with the sand..and her sunglasses! Allie was my waterbaby that day!
My cute mom and dad on the four-wheeler!
Poor Austin at the mercy of girl cousins!
Layton playing with the surprise sand digger that Grandma and Grandpa brought for each of the families! Thanks mom and dad!
Cute Colby riding his own 4-wheeler!




Our family at the Minnitonka Caves just outside of Bear Lake.



Now, here we are. It's the first day of school, the bus has just arrived home, it's time to breathe that sigh of relief...then jump right into piano, dance, gymnastics...and the list goes on.....Is there any rest for the weary?





7 comments:

Becca said...

Hey sounds like you've had a great summer! I am very impressed that you ran the half marathon. I keep telling Doug that we should start training for something like that and he laughs at me. I guess I am laughing at myself too. I admire anyone with the will power to do that!

Cody said...

Oh my gosh! You and Brenda look like you could seriously be sisters or something! You look a lot a like! Anyway . . . Cute new blog update look. That's funny I tried changing mine yesterday too! But I was never able to get on to that cute website. What a fun and busy August you've had! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys this weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun summer. I'm so sad it's over!

Photo Crazy! said...

Beautiful pictures of your baby. It was so fun to see you and the Burtons at Lagoon. I love the up-dates of you fam. Keep it up. Love, Jennie

Julie said...

So great to see the summer re-cap. Ryan and I just laughed at some of the things. We sure miss you guys! And your kids are getting so big! So cute.
Hopefully someday Ry and I will join you for the half marathon (well, at least me). So fun to run into the Cooks and Davies!

Burton Fam said...

I love garbage!

Brenda

Burton Fam said...

That last comment Brian made! Cute pics, send us some. Love you guys!
Brenda (this time it is for real!)