Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday Morgan!


Ten years ago when Quinn and I were married, we received a serving tray from my aunt and uncle that has become one of our most cherished wedding gifts. It has been used, abused, and used again. We've used it for serving dinner to sick kids in bed, surprises for Mother's Day, Father's Day, anniversaries, birthdays, and just because. I mean, really, how fun is it to wake up to the wonderful smell of fresh waffles and orange juice and know that someone loves you enough to get out of bed and go to all that trouble? Cute Quinn did just that for Morgan on her 9th birthday. What a great dad. And what a deserving kid. Here are a few things that we adore about our sweet Morgan:

*She has a heart of pure gold.
*She loves to help "be the Mom"
*She is becoming a wonderful babysitter..slowly but surely!
*She is very aware of other people's needs and is right there to help!
*She still sleeps with her "blanky" that she recieved at her baby shower!
*She loves music and often is seen bopping around the house with her ipod in her ears and the said "blanky" around her neck.
*She is a wonderful sister, daughter, and friend.
WE LOVE YOU MORG!

What is your most memorable wedding gift?

9 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been that long. I remember coming to Morgan's 1st b-day. Tyson decorated a cupcake for over 30 min. We miss having the fun hangouts together. What a beautiful girl!

Cody said...

It was so fun getting to celebrate Morgan's birthday with you guys. Thanks for letting us all come along. The kids had a blast! As far as our most memorable wedding gift the only one that comes to mind is the Indian head we got. I'm sure you know the reasons why....

Becca said...

What a great idea! I love hearing new ideas about doing special things for birthdays! We got a big, tin bowl for our wedding that we use for everything especially popcorn on Sunday nights, and making cookies. It's already quite worn, but it's great. The kids like to use it as a drum too. The ringing in my ears makes it hard to forget. :)

Jenni said...

what a sweet daddy!

Audrey said...

Hey Angie! I was cruising around the blog world today and found yours! How fun is that?! How do you know Joy Jarvis? (whichis where I saw you and Quinn) I just love that girl!
Cute blog and ADORABLE family! I am so bumemd that we will no longer be in the same ward...booo! You honestly were the BEST Primary music lady EVER! Even Dawson is s little concerned about his new teacher and singing lady!
It was fun taking a sneak peak in your world!

Audrey said...

Oops I meant Joy Thayne (jarvis was her maiden name!)
Anyways, I also failed to mention that this is Audrey Muranaka....

Christine Williams said...

Angie! Hi! I've stopped by your blog a few times, too, but I am the worst at comments. I usually have just enough time to read them and that's it. But we're online at the same time! This is my usual morning routine: get kids ready for school and eat my breakfast in front of the computer. Probably a bad habit, but it's the best time to journal. Thanks for the comment - you're too nice! Hope you have a good day and we'll definitely be chatting more!

Becca said...

Angie,
What application do you use to make your digital scrapbook pages?

Angie said...

Becca, I have a program called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 4.0...I got it for Christmas last year. I think Quinn got it at OfficeMax for about $40. Does that answer your question? It is super user-friendly and has saved me soooo much time and mess. I love it!