Monday, February 9, 2009

Sisters, Sisters.....


This is the cute little 2nd grade sister that always wanted to wear my clothes and read my journal when I wasn't looking! I know, she looks innocent enough!

Sari and I took dance together for 1 year...Sari went on to become an excellent dancer...me, not so much!


So I couldn't let this day go by without documenting one of my greatest blessings. My little sister turned 26 years old today! There is almost 4 years between us and you can bet we had our share of some pretty good fights! We shared a room (and a bed for that matter) for much of our growing up years, and we used to lay in bed at night and kick eachother for at least 10 minutes before finally giving up and going to sleep! One of my favorites was the one that started with her plopping down on my freshly made bed (one of my pet peeves, which of course she knew) and ended with us tearing eachother's mattresses off onto the ground! Then there was the one where she threw a fork at me and actually punctured my side just above my hip bone! Not to mention countless fights over her wearing my clothes and tagging along with my friends! But amidst the bickering and fighting, we formed a bond that to this day is unbreakable. She is one of my very best friends, and someone that I trust and admire. She is a gentle, loving wife and mother of three, and I am so blessed to have her as my one and only sister. Love you Sari! Happy Birthday!


Sar, you look a little dazed in this picture...it wasn't New Year's Eve and past midnight was it? :)

9 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I love the bond of sisters!

Mrs. Olsen said...

First picture = Morgan and you've got some sweet 80s fluff going in the second.

Camille Herbst said...

Memories are great! So are great sisters! Happy Birthday Sari! We love you!

Suzanne said...

Wow! That is pretty much how I remember your sister. The dance pics are classic!

Anonymous said...

Wow, let me see if I can type with my blurred vision from the tears!! That is so sweet Ang. I don't know what else to say but ditto. I lucked out with one sister who turned out to be my best friend. Theres no one like you Ang! I love you and I'm greatful for all you do for me! Love Sar

*A* said...

Angie!! I'm so glad I found you too. What an adorable family you have. I have fertility issues or I would have at least 6 kids by now! The older one is my step daughter (I've been with her since she was 1) and then my baby Whitney. I wish so badly that I could have more. We did IVF 2 times to get her. We are hoping to try one more time. Its just SO darn expensive. You should totally come tomorrow. You're what 3 hours away?? How fun would that be? We are getting together Friday with Jill and Nicole too (Nic is Amy's sis) Lets keep in touch ok! I've already added you to my friends list, so I can peek on every now and then. Love you tons!!!!!!

wrens said...

Sari truly is such a great sister!! Thanks for sharing her with me. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to call my sister. :)

Darci said...

I love those pictures of you and Sari!!! Oh, the memories.....I can't tell you how that put me right back into the long lost days of the '80s and early '90s. There is nothing better then a sister!

Unknown said...

Forrest here. That's exactly how I remember Sari, and the first time I saw your blog I thought Morgan looks exactly like Sari. Love the hair by the way.