Sunday, August 23, 2009

When the family gets together....

Summer time is full of reunions and this summer was no exception. We started with our Mikesell reunion in Lava Hot Springs where we camped, swam, ate, relaxed, and got a tan. (For the record, Tiffany and I jumped off the highest platform too, except nobody took a picture to document the event.) The next day, we headed into local Chesterfield which was founded by Quinn's great uncle, and where many of his ancestors had homes that are still standing today. I thought my kids would get bored, but they loved every minute of it. And I have to say, I found myself rather intrigued and wanting to learn more of our family history and stories. I am continually amazed at their hard work and inginuity and all that they accomplished even that many years ago. There is some rich blood running through my kids veins and I am so grateful for the examples of our ancestors that they can look to.

Mikesell Family Reunion 2009 -- Lava Hot Springs, ID



Last week was the Herbst family Reunion at the Dent's cabin in Heber Canyon. We had such a great time boating, playing bingo, doing crafts, riding 4 wheelers, shopping in Park City, eating yummy food, and laughing way into the night. Thanks Mike and Camille for a great time and for planning such a wonderful reunion. It was a great way to end the summer!

Herbst Family Reunion 2009 --Heber Canyon, UT

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

It looks like you have been crazy, busy with reunions as well. I forgot about Kate. I cannot do that. You are at home with you little princess as well! If my blog link post made no sense to you then just ignore it. It is just for those people who follow blogs with htmls and dialy updates.
Cute slide shows!

Tera said...

You have got to show me how you did those shows. They are great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great Pictures Ang. I especially like my crap-face one! J/K it's my own fault. :) Can you email me that picture of the "sisters"? I never got that one! Awesome slide show by the way! You are just a creative little butt aren't you! J/K you know I love ya!

Julie said...

Ryan and I had fun catching up on your little family. So fun to see them!!! (and you :) It just makes us really miss you guys-so when are we hooking up? Seriously!