Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday Morgan!

Morgan's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, so this is coming a little late, but I couldn't not post about such a great kid.
I can't believe my little girl is 10 years old! And what a beautiful 10-year-old she is! This girl never ceases to amaze me with her ability to show love and concern to those around her. I absolutely adore her and I am proud to call her my best friend.
Here are a few things that I love about Morgan...

* She is a morning person...rarely a day goes by that Morgan is not a ray of sunshine in the morning.
* She is becoming quite the little babysitter...(Quinn and I LOVE it.)
* I love that even after 10 years, she still sleeps with her blanket that she had as an infant.
* Her brother and sisters are truly her best friends.
* She is a great shopper! (we have a little too much fun sometimes!)
* I love that even though Morgan loves to dance and is good at it, she wants to give it up to play basketball this year.
* She has lots of friends, and is never afraid to reach out and make new ones.
* She thinks boys have cooties.



Morgan and her best friend, Kait

Morgan playing with her little baby cousin, Tyler

Morgan and Kate, aka "mini-me"

Layton made a lego letter H (for "H"appy Birthday), special for Morgan on her big day. What a guy.

My four great kids.

Morgan and I were asked to sing a few weeks ago at a Young Women's mother/daughter picnic. It was so great for me to share that experience with her. She didn't even seem nervous!



In light of her special day, I wanted to document Morgan's birth story. (Mainly for my own records, but read on if you wish.)

Morgan was born on September 1, 1999. Literally one of the last babies of the 20th century...kinda cool! Being my first pregnancy, I had no idea what to expect, so when the doctor told me I would be ready any day, I didn't really think twice about it even though my due date was still three weeks away. I went to work the next day and when I got home that night, I was having pretty intense contractions. So we packed a bag and headed to the hospital at about 8:30. By 9:30 I was settled into my room, and dialating faster than they expected. The time for an epidural came and went, and they decided to do an introthecal for lack of time. Morgan was just coming too fast. She was born at 11:47 PM and wieghed 6 lbs. 9 oz. She was fairly difficult to get here, they even had to use the vaccuum to help her out. But the labor was quick, only 2 hours...so quick they pretty much told me to camp out at the hospital the next time because it could happen even faster. Quinn and I couldn't believe the miracle we were suddenly holding in our arms and we were instantly smitten. I remember the intense love that came over me and I knew I would never be the same. We are so grateful to have Morgan in our family. She is the perfect big sister, daughter, and friend. We love you Morg!

2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Happy late b-day Morgan. It seems like just yesterday when you had her. I remember when she was just tiny. What an angel daughter.

Katie Wells said...

Such a cute post about a beautiful girl!