Monday, July 7, 2008

It's about time!! (Julie this one's for you!)

Guess who fell off the turnip truck? No, I really have no excuse for being such a lazy blogger except we've had a really busy 5 months! Here's the rundown...


For our 10th anniversary, Quinn and I took off to New York City for 4 days and had such a great time together! We were able to see Wicked, Phantom, and enjoy the view of Time Square from our 50th floor corner hotel room. It was way cold, but all the more reason to snuggle right? :)

Quinn turned 32 in March and spent the whole day on his snow machine...yes, it is a man's world! :)

Morgan was in the thick of dance competitions until the end of April and loved every minute.


Allie turned 4 in April! She had her first "friend party" and we had 8 little princesses running around our house. It was the princess party of her dreams!

Kate finally decided she could walk at a whopping 22 months old! Way to got Kate! It's nice to finally have 4(somewhat)independant kids!

I finished my first sprint triathlon at the end of May! It was awesome and I think it just may become a tradition! How fun to have my kids running beside me to the finish line!

We have been camping a few times, definately not enough...but whether it is on the mountain trails or making hot laps around our backyard, Layton is LOVING his motorbike!

Our baby turned 2 at the end of June and we can hardly believe it. She is such a doll and we all adore her. If I could freeze-frame her right now, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The day after Kate's birthday I headed out for a week of Girls Camp for our ward. I was the ward camp director and let me tell you I need to write a long overdue thankyou note to each of my young women leaders for all their hard work when I was young! Wow! But this group of girls and leaders couldn't have been better. We had an awesome week. Now I'm down to one calling in the ward (for the moment), and loving life.

Sorry for the trip down memory lane...I just figured I had better catch up on a little blogging. Now that things have slowed considerably, I will try to be better, but I'm not making any promises! For now all I want to do is sit back, enjoy a popcicle with my kids, and breath a big sigh of relief! Whewwwwwww!

9 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

I've been wondering what you have been up to! Looks like you have had a fun and busy few months. So jealous that you went to NYC!! We are still mad at ourselves for not going when we were closer. Maybe some day, along with our cruise, trip to Hawaii......

on the rivet with J~D Liddell said...

What a fun 5 months!! You're doing better than me, I'm a year behind! We miss your cute family. Congrats on your triathlon! Which one did you do? Let's meet for one! I'm addicted... thinking maybe a 1/2 iron next. Spudman in Burley, ID is one of my favorites!
:)
Diane

Jami said...

Hey Ang! We're leaving for Idaho in just a few hours. Do you want to go to lunch on Saturday in IF? Email me your number so I can call. I suppose I could just look it up, too! jami.hardy@gmail.com

Jenni said...

Your cute little fam is getting so big! Awesome job on the triathalon...very impressive!!!

Julie said...

Yea Ang! I hesitated cliking on your blog, but I thought, "what the heck..." and here I was with a pleasant surprise of your recent post. So fun!

I am missing you big time girl!

Deanna said...

YAY! What a fun update! Looks like you guys ahve been so busy. Love it! we were just in IF last weekend for a temple sealing. I wish I could've looked you up. Glad you guys are doing so well. :o)

Bruce and Tiffany and kids said...

I have to second Jamie's comment on being jealous of NYC. Bruce and I were planning to go for our tenth and he went to Iraq instead.(without me) Maybe for our 20th we'll finally be out of school and go somewhere cool. Anyway, just thought I'd tell you that I found you through the Shepherd's blog(which I'm not even sure they know I have seen :)) Your kids are adorable. We have a 2 year old that I would freeze at 2 if I could also. They are the best!

Photo Crazy! said...

It was so fun to see you at Lagoon.
I love your blog. You inspire me. Lot of love, Jennie

Photo Crazy! said...

It was so fun to see you at Lagoon.
I love your blog. You inspire me. Lot of love, Jennie