Friday, July 18, 2008

Salad Anyone?

Here is my nightly pleasure lately...












and here's where it came from...(minus the tomatoes and crutons...the tomatoes aren't quite ready and crutons don't grow in a garden)













Quinn and I decided to try our hand at gardening this year and I have learned a few things about myself in the process..
**I really don't mind getting my hands dirty
**If there's work to be done outside, the inside stuff waits
**I love picking weeds along side my kids and hearing Layton shout "Mom, look at the root on this one!"
**I love putting a little seed into the ground and watching it grow into something I can eat!
**I have no idea how to can, but I'm going to learn really quickly!

This is definatley something that will become a lasting tradition in our family and something I didn't know I would love as much as I do. Who knows..maybe one day I'll buy myself a pair of overalls and a goofy hat...(if that happens, someone please stop me!) But until then, bring on the salad!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Hey Great to hear from you Angie!
I've been wondering if you had a blog. It's so fun to see your cute family. It looks like you guys are doing great! Congrats on your anniversary and congrats to Kate on walking! (I'm a little late.) I haven't done much singing here besides the ward choir. :) How about you? Tell your family hi. Thanks for finding me and saying hi!

Jocelyn said...

Angie! How fun to find you in the blogging world! I'll definitely be spending some time tonight catching up on your family.

We have done a garden for the past couple of years and I love it, too. It's such a satisfying feeling, isn't it?
I'd love to can with you. I guess it wouldn't be a real savings, though, considering the gas money we'd have to spend getting together!

Fun to see you! I'll add you to my friends list and Google Reader and then you'll NEVER get rid of me! :)

Travis and Jamie said...

My boys are into pullings weeds too, at least for now Travis likes to remind me. Only we haven't been able to get ours to grow very well. I am hoping we finally get a tomato before the weather gets cold!

Anonymous said...

Well, Hello! We're so glad you're back in the blogging world! What a fun and crazy life we live. Your garden looks great. You're welcome to come over when I'm canning this fall . . .

Julie said...

That salad looks so yummy! I am seriously impressed! I keep telling Ryan that I just don't have a green thumb-but honestly it's because I don't know what I am doing. We may try a garden in a year or two.

BTW-If you want, I'd be more than happy to lend you my overalls from 1990. (Yes, I still have them) They are pretty cute :)

Becca said...

It's me again. I tagged you. Check out my blog for the rules.

Jami said...

Sorry Angie. I really wanted to see you. I know you understand and all is well, but i'm still so sorry! I love ya!

Sara said...

Angie and Quinn (SKIER)!

Wow, how fun to find your blog. I had no idea where you guys were or what you were up to. I'll have to link Drew to your blog, too. Your family is adorable and you all look happy ... I'm glad to hear it! :)

(found your link from christine's site)

I'd love to hear from you!

Sara (formerly Packham)