Monday, September 14, 2009

Super Mega Summer/Fall Post (brace yourselves)

It's hard to believe that summer is over and fall is right around the corner! We had one heck of a summer, and it doesn't seem to be slowing any time soon. Here are a few things we've been up to in no particular order....okay, so there is some order...

In late August we were able to have a short reunion with some of our best friends from Dental School. I love these pics of Allie and Ellie. They were only 1 year old when we moved from Kentucky. But they play as if they've known eachother their whole lives!

Allie and Ellie deep in conversation. (how cute is that?)

Isaac, Kate, Morgan, and Allie

Layton and Lauren

Nothing like a day spent with good friends. We love you guys!

Brenda talked me into running the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon with her. She must know I'll do anything to see her! It really was fun though, and a good goal to keep me focused all summer.

Note to self: next time wear a shirt that doesn't change color when you sweat! Good grief! I promise I'm not lactating!

My cousin Darci lives in Logan and my brother Ryan was there supporting his wife who was also in the race (a few miles ahead of me!)


One Sunday night a couple of weeks ago, after dinner and in the middle of putting kids to bed, we discovered that our sump pump decided to quit working in the basement and there was water all over the storage room floor. (and a little on the carpet surrounding the storage room) So what I was hoping to be a relaxing Sunday evening, turned out to be spent vaccuuming water and emptying a much-too-full-of-junk storage room. Sounds fun huh?

The upside to this story is that since the storage room was now empty, it was the perfect opportunity to build long-overdue shelves and get organized! So over the next few days Quinn and his dad (Thanks Wayne!) worked to build shelves for me and I am LOVING my new storage room!



Who can forget the Eastern Idaho State Fair? Here are Quinn and Kate outside my Grandma's house waiting for the parade to start.

And all the kids standing with their candy bags at attention!

Allie with my cousin Darci's kids, Jada and Brecka

All the kids sitting on the curb in front of my grandma's house. The cool thing is that somewhere there is a picture taken about 20 years ago with me and all my siblings and cousins sitting in front of the exact same house on the same curb. My grandpa said this was the 39th year they have watched the parade in front of thier house!


In mid-September I participated in my last race of the year, the DuExtreme Road Duathlon in Pocatello. This one was extra special though, because I had two of my favorite people in the world participating as well.. They also hold a kids bike race, and Morgan and Layton couldn't wait!

Layton getting all "pumped up" before the race!

They both did great, but Layton's chain came off his bike half-way through, so he had to wait for someone to come help him put it back on. Tough break, bud. He said he can't wait for next year though.

Morgan coming in to the finish line

The kids with their medals and a really proud grandma!

..Not to mention the proud Mom!

Morgan snapping pics as I finished the bike leg.

Transitioning to the run

Coming across the finish line...4th overall! Not a bad way to end the season.

Whew!!! Is this post done yet???

10 comments:

Madi said...

Looks like your summer was awesome!!! Im sad fall is here too! Where did the time go?

Photo Crazy! said...

That was not that long of a post compared to some of my beasts! Thanks for the updates. Thanks for posting some with Brenda and her family~that is the only time I see any of her family, well besides a Christmas card I mean. Someone needs to talk that girl into blogging. I know we have both tried. Great job on the racing. You look amazing!

*A* said...

What a great summer! I love seeing your cute little family and I STILL can't believe you have FOUR kids!! And you're still butt skinny!! How do you do it? From all that running? I swear 2010 is MY year to really get back in shape. I'm sick of being frumpy! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you that spag recipe! Love your guts!
Andra

easleyfamily said...

Wow! Looks like a busy, fun summer. I'm SO sorry we missed you in Mt. Home. I was certain I had emailed you the dates. We'll have to do it again! Your fam is adorable!!!

*A* said...

Ang,

I changed our blog to ilovemps.blogspot.com

love,
Andra

mags said...

it's awesome to see your's and brenda's kids together again, you can really see how much they've grown! you look great in all those runnin' shots, keep up the good work!

Katie Wells said...

4th place . . . awesome!!

It's a Wonderful Life said...

You are an amazing woman!!

Audrey said...

You are an amazing woman! Who get's 4th place?? So cool! (well i do, if there is only 4 runners)
What a busy summer... Your kids are stinken adorable!

Mrs. Olsen said...

wow buff girl. You also have a cousin named Amber that lives in Logan and the Top of Utah Thingie runs a couple blocks from her house!

p.s. I would have thrown you a gatorade or something.