Monday, September 21, 2009

Blast From the Past, Part 1

Every once in a while, you find yourself part of something really special. You may not realize it at the time, and it may even be years down the road before you do, but eventually memories will come and take root in your heart and maybe even in your tear ducts, and you will realize that you are a blessed person because of one such experience in your life. When I was about 14, I had a friend who was 3 years older than me... yes three years. She was a Laurel and I was barely a Mia Maid. She was the one that everyone wanted to be friends with because of her dynamic, positive, magnetic personality. This amazing person would call me on the phone and offer to come pick me up so we could hang out. A lot of the time we would play softball, or go to the lake and swim, or just hang out with her and her friends. They (she, and all her cool friends) even threw me a birthday party when I turned 15! This proved to be a pivitol time in my life when all around me were girls my age trying to figure out who they were and what direction they were going to go...myself included. So you can only imagine the impact this friendship had on me. From then on and to this day, she has been one of my greatest friends. I am so thankful for her reaching out to me and taking me under her wing. I had the privelege this weekend to attend her wedding reception in Boise, and oh, what a welcome reunion. She looked beautiful and soooo happy! Rebecca, I'm so happy for you, and I wish you all the very best!!!


I was so happy that my husband and kids got to meet Rebecca, and got to see first hand, the crazy, bubbly, fun person that she is. In the middle of Rebecca's "thankyou" speech, she broke into a pre-choreographed lip-sink of "I will survive"! Just LOVE this girl!

Morgan and Layton took a little bit to break out of their shells on the dancefloor, but once they did, there was no holding back!

They were both so excited to dance with Mom and Dad, and Layton even had me twirling under his arm! What a leader that boy is!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

That is so awesome Angie! Friends like that are hard to come by!

Photo Crazy! said...

What a sweetheart for a friend! I am sure you were/are as great back. Looks like a fun time.

Suzanne said...

That is awesome but YOU WERE IN BOISE???
What a bummer that we didn't get to see you all. HOpe you had a fun trip anyhow!

easleyfamily said...

I'm SO sad I missed her reception! LOVE her! I was in Mt. Home when her reception was here and then here when her reception was in Boise :( You two look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thats cool Ang. I bet it was fun to see everyone. And you're right.... I am behind on my blogging. I have missed a few of yours I had to catch up on! Sorry! Cute pictures by the way. As always! :)