Monday, October 19, 2009

Little Miss Rigby

Every year the Rigby High School dance team holds a fundraiser called Little Miss Rigby. Now before I continue, I need to add the disclaimer that I am sooo not a pageant mom and I don't believe in exploiting little girls in that way. That being said, this particular program is kind of like a Junior Miss for little girls. There is no talent portion, they just learn a little physical fitness routine, followed by a poise and interview segment. This is Morgan's second year participating and she has really enjoyed it. They assign each girl a "big sister" from the dance team to help them learn their routines and cheer them on. I think this is Morgan's favorite part. At the end, each girl recieves a rose, and a special award from their "big sister". Morgan's award was Little Miss Hard-Worker. Can't ask for a better award than that! We love you and we're proud of you Morg!

All the girls on stage at the end of the program. There were 42 participants this year!

Morgan after the show...barefoot because her shoes were hurting her feet!

Mom and Morg

Her faithful supporters

6 comments:

Betty I. Herbst said...

Morgan looks beautiful. We are so proud of her. Great photos!

easleyfamily said...

What a fun experience for her. She is such a pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Morgan! You are so pretty. I can't believe I missed it again!!! I am SOOOOOOOO coming next year! You are such an awesome girl! I love ya!

Photo Crazy! said...

She is so beautiful! What fun memories she will have of this!

*A* said...

I like that she is nice and modest! Good mom Angie!!

Audrey said...

I think she got the best award too! Says a lot about her parents! She looks like a royal beauty! We will have to get a big group of girls together next year to cheer her on.. how fun would that be?!?