Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blast from the Past, part duex

While we were on our trip to Boise a few weeks ago, we stopped off for a moment in a little town that has a big place in my heart. In fact, I still like to call it my "hometown" because so much of my growing up happened there. I will always consider myself a blessed person for having the opportunites and friendships that were cultivated there. Here are a few pics of my old stompin' ground.

My old house on Juniper Street. When we lived there it was brown with yellow trim. It has unfortunately fallen into disrepair, but so many good memories remain!

North Elementary where I attended 5th and 6th grade.

Mountain Home Junior High School -- Home of the Patriots

Mountain Home High School -- Home of the Tigers
I took this picture from the back of the school... my friend Forrest and I RAN up this sidewalk nearly every day because we were late...most often it was HIS fault!! :)

Mountain Home High School was unique in the fact that they allowed the art students to paint big murals on the walls of the school. Nearly every wall in the school was covered with some kind of cool painting. Some of them became "landmarks" to me, helping me remember exactly where my classes were. (Chemistry was right next to the Beetles) I heard that soon after we moved from Mountain Home, they painted over all the murals and were no longer allowed to paint on the walls of the school. This is one of the only murals left, painted on the concession stand just outside the school, and happens to be the one my older brother, Mike, painted. Way to go, Mike!

The Seminary building...Brother Roberts was one of the best seminary teachers ever!

Mountain Home City Pool where I worked as a lifeguard and taught swimming lessons for two summers in High School.

Mountain Home Stake Center where I attended church and had some of the most amazing leaders. Not to mention super-fun stake dances!

Anyone from Mountain Home recognizes this iconic landmark just outside of town! Nuff said.

9 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

I really enjoyed the tour. What a great idea. My old highschool is all rebuilt. I should do an old tour. You look so cute in the pics. Love your hair!

Suzanne said...

Those are some serious flashbacks. But good memories...
I have some hot pics of you from girls camp and cheerleading, maybe I'll share them with you sometime :)

Tera said...

Looks like great memories! How fun, I didn't realize you were a lifeguard. I want to know what happened on the landmark "hill" site???

Anonymous said...

Ang!! Thank you so much for taking these pictures! It is so fun to see everything again. I don't see myself getting over to that part of the state any time soon, so it's great to see what the old place is like. I also remember that swimming pool EVERYDAY during the summer! I can't believe the old house. I remember it being much nicer back then. Too bad you couldn't go in and get a picture of our blue and white 'BIRD' wallpaper in our room!

*A* said...

That was SOOOOO fun to see again! I have a ton a wonderful memories there myself and am so grateful for that part of my life for so many reasons. I didn't know you were a life guard there? I remember your brother Mike being one. We used to yell his name and then duck under the water. We thought he was sooooo cute! Silly girls!!!

Becca said...

I didn't realize you went to part of high school there. It seems like you were always in Blackfoot! Those are fun memories. That is a great idea for a post.

Here's a blast you maybe don't remember from the first time we met. The details are sketchy, but I remember riding with you to your house out in Rose somewhere, I think. You were a junior, and beautiful too, I was a lowly freshman, and really nervous around you. But you were so kind and treated me like one of your friends. I don't even remember what we were doing, but thanks for being so nice. :)

Kristy said...

Wow! Angie that was awesome I havent been back to Mountain Home in probly 10 years just seeing those pictures brings back alot of good (and bad) memories. Your house doesnt even look the same did you happen to see my old house? Thanks for posting those oh and I agree with you Bro. Roberts was an awesome seminary teacher I wish I would have appreciated him when I was there.... Love ya Kristy

Forrest said...

I've never been very punctual. I can't believe all the memories and feelings I got looking at those pictures. I'm in town frequently and I see all the sites, but it felt different connecting them to memories. For example, when you moved to Mountain Home I was assigned to show you around North Elementary...or the time we got caught toilet papering 3 times in one night (the first being your house). It made me remember so many random events. Thanks.

Mrs. Olsen said...

I had no idea you grew up in Boise. That mountain was a booby.

Bad Angie!