Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Boy


Dear Layton,
It's hard for me to believe that you are turning 8 years old! It seems like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms and cuddling my brand-new baby boy. What a blessing you have been to our family. I always tell everyone, if there was ever a boy that was perfect for having 3 sisters, you would be it. You are so good to them. And they love you. I smiled this morning when Kate came in all ready for church and said "Look at me, Layton", and you responded with a smile on your face, "Ooooh. Pretty Kate." I am grateful for your tender heart and concern for others. You are and have always been my buddy. I love it when you come up behind me in the kitchen and give me a hug for no reason at all. I love that I can always count on you to do the right thing. I am proud of your decision to be baptized in a few weeks and can hardly wait for the day to come. I hope you have a wonderful 8th birthday and I hope you know how blessed we feel to have you in our family!


Love.This.Kid.

6 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

Soooo cute! Happy Birthday you cute boy!

Audrey said...

This post choked me up! He is such a cute kid and sounds like such a sweet little stud!
Your a good momma!

Tera said...

He is such a cute kid! Glad he's our neighbor. Happy Late Birthday Layton.

*A* said...

I think I love him! What a cute boy. You know...I have 3 beautiful girls you can hook him up with in a few years from now:-)

Cody said...

K...That picture of Layton totally cracks me up!! I can't believe he is 8 already. Happy way way Late Birthday Layton!!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Aaah. What a cute brother. Happy Birthday kid!