Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello out there?? Has anyone missed me???

Wow. It's amazing how time can fly without even realizing it. Here we are four months later and it still feels like Christmas outside. Yup, that's right. My kids just had thier first day of cancelled school because of snow, and it happened in April. Is this what it's like in Alaska? Here's a quick recap of our 2010 so far.


Cute Layton turned 8 and started scouts, and he is all business.


He was baptized in February by his dad. His little toe popped up, so he had to do it twice, but made sure to get it right the second time!




Did I mention the snow we've been having? Yeah, we've been pretty busy trying to get the most out of it. Quinn and I took a quick overnight trip to Big Sky for our 12th anniversary. We love to ski with our kids, but it was really nice to spend a quiet day together and enjoy the awesome slopes.

<
We were able to get the kids up to Kelly's quite a bit...Allie is becoming quite the little skier. Her favorite thing is to play movie trivia on the chair lift. Morgan tried snowboarding for the first time this year, and I don't think she'll ever go back to skiing.

As much fun as it is to play in the snow, I am ready for spring!! My garden thumb is starting to itch.

4 comments:

easleyfamily said...

I have missed you! Looks like you guys have been having fun and keeping busy!

Suzanne said...

Sorry you still have snow. It has been colder here and is driving me CRAZY! I really don't know if I could handle more snow. You are tougher than I am!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

12 year anniversary???? Aren't we still 12 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!! Looks like you're having a great year so far. I have my spring boutique May 15th, can you come a day earlier? I sooooo want to be able to run like you. I HAVE to drop this stupid weight!

mags said...

i've missed you!!!! and no, alaskans never have snow days! in fact my kids have to be dressed in full snow suit apparel everyday. they make 'em play outside until it's -10 below. everyone has snow plows hooked to their trucks. craziness up here!