Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New-Found FAV


This incredible looking dip is HUMMUS and let me tell you, can transform a piece of celery from tasteless watery crunch into something near heavenly. It is an awesome spread for sandwiches and wraps, and the health benefits are great to boot! I'm hooked! Here is a fantastic recipe for you if you get the urge to try hummus:

Turkey Hummus Wrap
Spread 3 tbsp. hummus on a whole wheat tortilla
Layer:
3 oz. skinless white turkey breast meat
1/4 of a sliced avocado
1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
2 slices tomato
romaine lettuce
Roll up and enjoy!

(Hummus is store-bought by the way, I'm sure you could make it if you wanted to, but it's very good and much easier from the store!)

4 comments:

Katie Wells said...

Ummm, I need the recipe to MAKE the hummus. Then I'll definitely be trying the wrap! :)

Jami said...

I love hummus! There is a lebanese store by the LA temple that has the BEST hummus and tabouleh and I have to go there every time I attend the temple without my spouse. He got sick of going there too much and chooses a little mexican joint until he gets sick of that. Mmmmmm.....hummus.

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Looks interesting...I'm a little scared to be totally honest!! Ha Ha

Camille Herbst said...

Yeah Ang, sorry I'm not buying it. Mike