Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunday Stew (day old)

This is how my Mother's Day went...

Kate making sure there is NO peeking going on...

Then.... SURPRISE!! Holy Cow, are you serious?

Let me take a closer look at this gem.

Definately a keeper!

Complete with amp, mic, and music stand, it will no longer be Angie "Unplugged"! How did I get so lucky?


And since stew tastes even better the second day....




I had a surprise visit from my Grandma and Grandpa Herbst today! I can't tell you how excited I was to open the door and see those two standing there.

My Grandpa is a master guitar player. I remember sitting for hours when I was a kid listening to he and my dad play together. When I was about 15 I decided I wanted to learn to play like that and so it began. I wasn't the only one with a desire to learn to play. I also have a dad, a brother, 3 cousins and an aunt that all play as well. All because of this guy. What a legacy my grandpa has left! I am nowhere near as good a player as he is, but I hope someday I will be. It was such a treat today to be able to sit and watch him strum away on my new Mother's Day present. Then I got my old trusty out and we had a little jam session. So now, for your viewing pleasure, (well, at least mine) is my grandpa and I playing a song that has been sung in my family ever since I can remember. It's called "Pearly Shells". (this is my first time uploading my own videos, so I hope it works)

13 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

I can't watch the video! You have to send a formal invite or something. Make it public yo!

kara jayne said...

oh my goodness i want to watch that video so bad!!! it says it's private. could you change that please?!!

Unknown said...

Hi Angie! I watched this video with tears in my eyes. That is a song I have sung with Dad for years. Now to see the next generation singin it with him is so cool. He has made a legacy for us to follow. Loved it. You made my day.

Unknown said...

Hey again. That was from your Aunt Nancy. I don't know why it is putting my other email address. Just wanted you to know who sent the comment. Love ya! Aunt Nancy

mags said...

ang

i got a little teary watchin' that. that video is a treasure!

kara jayne said...

you have such a beautiful voice too!! all that talent...i'm not surprised.

*A* said...

I joined the crying list! What a neat gift and even more wonderful gift to share it with your grandpa. Thank you for sharing that, you are such a beautiful woman!

stalker sarah said...

You are AMAZING!!! I just listened to "Pearly Shells." I LOVE it! Love all the photos! And you look so super cute! It looks like it was a fabulous Mother's Day!!!!! :)

Jenni said...

what a classic surprise face...fun mother's day gift and loved the video!

Jocelyn said...

Ang, I had no idea you sang so well and played the guitar so beautifully! It's really fun to hear!
You look fantastic, to, you stinker!

This video was really priceless!

It's a Wonderful Life said...

i had no idea that you played the guitar! you are so good not to mention that you sounded beautiful singing!!! what a great mothers day

Mrs. Olsen said...

I had no idea you played the guitar OR that you sang so beautifully (until Grandma's funeral). Keep up the jammin' sista!

Casi said...

Wow! This is such a neat video! I just started a blog, but it's private, so if you want an invite just send me a quick e-mail. casihoward@gmail.com. Hope all is well with you guys.