Monday, October 13, 2008

Love and Logic Moment


I love those moments when the opportunity presents itself for you to teach your kids a profound lesson in responsiblity...which in our home happens quite often. Sometimes I'm not prepared for it and the opportunity passes me by much to my regret, but not this time. Here are my two oldest kids doing the dinner dishes. Note the look on Morgan's face. She's not happy about it because it is 6 AM and she and Layton just had a rude awakening that the dishes would not do themselves, and since they chose not to finish the night before, they would do it before they got on the bus. It is really hard for me to leave dirty dishes in the sink when I go to bed, and I almost did them, but Quinn stopped me. And I'm so glad. What a perfect chance for them to learn something! And I have to say, my kitchen was clean and dishes were done as my kids headed out the door that morning...and I made sure to give them a big kiss as they went! (I love that Morgan was so tired, she couldn't even stand at the sink and had to sit on a stool the whole time!)

10 comments:

♥jada said...

That is so awesome! You are such a good mom. I need to re-read my love and logic book and get some reminders.

mags said...

you get +20 good mom points. 100 gets you a new outfit. just ask quinn.

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mama. Consistency is so important--and so tiring!!

Jenni said...

Good job you-I totally hate a dirty kitchen in the morning, that would have been hard! Your kids will TOTALLY appreciate you {one day}! You have always been an awesome mom!

Alysia Cook said...

Great lesson!!! I make my older kids unload the dishwasher and every time they do it they fight the entire time, any suggestions for that. The look on Morgan's face makes me laugh.

on the rivet with J~D Liddell said...

love it! Will have to remember that one next time! Way to go!

Deanna said...

YAY! God for you for sticking to your guns! I have memories of my parents getting me out of bed at 11pm at night to finish my dishes. :o) Too often I DO just do them for the kids, and I have to remember that it is more than the dishes getting done that matters. :o)

Love the Disneyland pics! And the way you told your kids! Too funny!

Photo Crazy! said...

Great job. I think I would be way to tired to follow through. I love that. It helps modivate me.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Rock on sister. As my dad so wisely counsels me on a regular basis "Take no crap!"

Julie said...

Good for you Angie! Sometimes it is so painful to follow through with that stuff-but hopefully they won't forget!