Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pack your bags kids, we're goin to Utah....

Or so we told them. What we didn't tell them was that we were headed to the AIRPORT in Utah, where we would then catch a plane to DISNEYLAND! All the way down for 3 hours they kept asking, when are we going to see our cousins? Are we there yet? And Quinn and I would just glance at eachother and smile. I was dying to tell them, but held out until we were in the parking lot at the airport, then I let the cat out of the bag...Kids, we're flying to Disneyland! And you know what? No one believed me! It wasn't until we were settled in the terminal waiting to board the plane that it finally sunk in.

So we boarded the plane and were off to "The Happiest Place on Earth". We arrived in L.A. at about 4:30 on Thursday afternoon, then rented a car and drove to Anaheim just in time to catch some dinner, and make a quick walk through "Downtown Disney", this great little shopping area with all sorts of cute little shops and cafes including Build-a-Bear and Lego Land...much to my kids delight!
We got up early Friday after much coaxing and pleading with my now super-excited kids who were "too excited to sleep" and headed off to Disneyland! Oh what a magical place..I think I had just as much fun as my kids. They had a blast. Kate being our one exception, the two year old stuck in the stroller all day who pretty much just tolerated it. She did get excited to meet all the characters though. And she did ride a few rides including the Madderhorn (I KNOW!!). Quinn said she was covering her eyes the whole time and when we finally got off, her poor little face was red from holding them so tight! Morgan and Layton's favorite ride was Space Mountain and Allie loved the Alice in Wonderland ride. We stayed in the park until 9:30 that night, after the fireworks were cancelled due to high winds that were apparently really high, because we felt nothing down on the ground! But we had a great day and REALLY sleepy kids!




The next day, after a quick stop at the beautiful San Diego Temple, we were off to Sea World! I was especially excited about this having never been, and wanting to ever since I was a kid. And I was not disappointed! I was completely enthralled with those amazing animals. They seem so happy and truly have such neat personalities. After seeing the Shamu show, we were able to have lunch pool side and watch the whales practice with their trainers. It was so fun to see them up so close. It was a very quick trip and the next morning we woke up early to catch our flight back to Utah... with some pretty happy and exhausted kids!

13 comments:

Becca said...

How fun! I bet your kids think they have the coolest parents in the world! And they should. Disneyland is the best. Glad you finally got to SeaWorld too, Angie!

Grandma Rozla said...

What an incredibly fun thing to do! That memory will make you smile when all the kids are grown and gone! My hat off to you for Seizing the moments!!!!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun way to surprise your kids! My family went when I was 18 months old and I haven't been since. I'm totally excited for the day my kids are old enough to take them!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Way to be spontaneous...sortof. Sounds like a blast. Great time of year to go too I bet. Summer is too hot + tooooo many people. Later!

Travis and Jamie said...

Too fun! And even better that you only made it for a couple of days. Trav and I went there the summer after we were married, but spent 3 days at Disney Land (way too long at least for two adults) and then a day at Sea World. Which was my favorite part of the trip too. I can't wait to go back with the boys.

kara jayne said...

I would love to surprise my kids like that. I'm glad you had a great time!!

Wendi said...

Okay, you are officially the coolest parents on the planet! What a fun thing to do!!!

I'm impressed you could pull off a secret like that.

We'll be there all next week. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

How stinkin' fun is that!?! Our kids still talk about going there . . . and it's been a year and a half since we went. I love that you guys kept it a secret.

Jami said...

Yeah for you! I bet your kids were so excited! I get too excited to even keep secrets. But isn't it so fun? Sea World is my favorite! WE have some KY friends coming on Sunday to stay with us for a week so we're doing both of these activities again. I'm so glad you had so much fun!

Cody said...

You guys are totally awesome! I'm impressed that you could keep that a surprise from your kids!!! I've been waiting to see your pictures. Too fun! I'm glad you had a great time . . . .

BTW, Madyson loves all your Mickey Mouse ears!!!

Julie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Our passes expire on the 25th, and I have been trying to convince Ryan to let us take a quick trip-but he is not giving in one bit. Boo, what a scrooge!

Your kids are too cute, and I am dying that I haven't seen you in so long. When are we going to hook up?

Photo Crazy! said...

How fun! What a great suprise for your kids. We love D.Land and Sea World. Jenna has never been. We will have to go soon. So glad you had fun.

Alysia Cook said...

What a great surprise, I don't know how you kept that a secret but I am sort of wishing that I was your kid. They will never forget that quick trip.

Oh, BTW, you can read the other comments on my blog all you want.