Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Irony


So I'm driving down the road the other day just minding my own business, and kind of gazing out my window preparing for a left hand turn, when the lady in the next lane who is slightly ahead of me, decides to change lanes right into my front right bumper. I KNOW! So we stop, a policeman approaches and analyzes the situation. He asked for all of our information, tells us to wait in the car, and he'll be right with us. So after sitting in my car for (no kidding) 45 minutes, he comes back and this is pretty much how it went...
Officer: So what happened?
Blind spot lady: I think I changed lanes and didn't see her.
Me: hmmph. (just kidding I didn't really hmmph.)
Officer to Blind spot lady: Well, you are being cited for the accident. Here is a ticket for $75 just pay at the courthouse as soon as possible.
Officer (turning in my direction): And YOU. Here is a ticket for your EXPIRED drivers liscense and a court date set for November 18..You better show up or they will have a warrent out for your ARREST!
Me: (Dying inside)Umm, what day is that? (I know, like it matters)

My ARREST? But I'm a good person! I'm a stay at home mom! I have four kids and a mortgage and I try to do what is right! Did he just say MY ARREST?

I guess that's what I get for living in Idaho for 3 years and still having a Kentucky drivers liscense. Oops, lesson learned.

9 comments:

kara jayne said...

Oh Angie...I'm so sorry!! What a bummer. I guess now it's at the top of your list!!!

Audrey said...

Oh Angie, that seriously so sounds like something that would happen to me!
I am glad you posted this cuz it just heleded me decide to go ahead and get my Idaho's driver's license. I still have my Utah one and it has been 18 months since we moved! Ughhh the time it takes = not fun!
Did any damage happen to your bumper? (if so I hope blindspot lady foots the bill!)

Mrs. Olsen said...

ouch!

Cody said...

What a buMMeR!!! That totally stinks. That same thing actually happened to my sister this spring. It's so not fun to find out the hArD wAy!!!

Travis and Jamie said...

Nothing like scaring you to get his point across!! I hate when cops are rude.

Howell said...

Angie Mikesell,
I stumbled over your blog from someone elses! You guys look so great and your kids are growing so fast. I laughed at you arrest story. I just got pulled over for the second time because afterone year I still have my Kentucky drivers lisence too and could have been arrested. The officer was having a good day. My thoughts were the same as yours. send us your address..howelru@hotmail.com
Robynn Howell

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I can't believe that happened to you. I have these images coming in my head of you handcuffed sitting in the back of a police car!! I could see that being a bit commical! :)

smiths5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smiths5 said...

Angie, I don't know why I didn't think to click on your name (so obviously a link) from your comment before. What a beautfiul family you guys have!! I'm so impressed with 4 kids. Wow! You go girl ;-)

And I admit I'm laughing about the Driver's license thing. Hope you can get it taken care of quickly!